Vacancy Alert- Development Communications Associate in Calabar
Job Location: Calabar, Cross River State
The Specialist on Development Communications will work as the official responsible for managing internal and external communications programs and projects for a state-wide Development Communications project. This will mainly entail managing, documenting and coordinating a team of professionals on strategies, challenges and implementing solutions across a clearly-marked region and population. He/she will also be required to also work with a Faculty of Research & Development, Projects, Strategy & External Relations Consultants.
In this role, he/she will also be expected to identify challenges and hitches in communication flow, initiate client solutions, suggests collaborations where applicable and relevant, and also develop strategies for new target prospects for the client and her subsidiaries.
The DCS shall work under the direct supervision of the Lead Consultant/CEO to carry out all functions specified in this ToR. He/she shall work closely with the other members of staff especially the Projects Consultant (PC).
- Double as Media Liaison or Public Affairs and Communications Officer;
- Maintain the project work plan and calendar whilst providing accurate and updated information on all media platforms, targets and stakeholders etc;
- Plan, write, prepare and/or review press releases, reports and articles to be used in project publications;
- Supervise research, interview, writing, editing and proof-reading of all content for distribution and for electronic and print communication;
- Develop story plans and maintain repository of press releases and articles;
- Prepare and maintain a stakeholder directory as well as conduct periodic information gathering and feedback/liaison activities;
- Provide regular progress reports to Lead Consultant/CEO;
- Carry out such other assignments as required by the company.
Educational and Work Requirements
- A post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Relations and/or Communications or preferably with a media or communications background and/or experience
- Consideration will be given to those with a first Degree in Media and communication or social science disciplines
- At least 3 years’ professional work experience in a viable consultancy or thriving business entity
- Should have at least executed/managed one major development communications project from the inception through execution and completion.
- Past experience in business development and project management and communications is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of leadership and coordinating teams.
- Should have good:
- Knowledge and experience in project management, strategy/business development and corporate communications
- Computer appreciation skills
- Numeracy and accuracy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and targets
- Additionally, the following attributes are essential:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating ability
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Performance Focus
- Managing Change
- Communication Skills
- Conflict & Risk Management
- Commercial Orientation
Application should include:
1. An application letter indicating clearly the post applied for
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) clearly indicating requirements referred to above
3. Three recommendations from non-family related referees
4. Copies of:
a. Academic transcripts
b. Reference of work experience
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 15, 2012.
Posted on September 3, 2012, in Africa, Career and tagged #Nigeria #Cross River, Calabar, Cross River State, Development Communications Associate, ThistlePraxis Consulting. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.